It's hard to know how to choose the right balance bike for your child. Most balance bikes will achieve the same end result with a few differences so you can be confident that no choice is ever a bad choice. Each balance bike we sell has won special awards and mentions by different organisations and publications so you know you are in good company with each bike.
A few things you will want to consider are:
- Weight - consider your child will have to push this thing up hills at times so unless you feel they are strong enough to manage that then consider a light bike.
- Materials - Metal or Wood balance bikes is another consideration. This might be purely personal. You might like the eco-friendly considerations with wood. Or you might like the idea that metal might last longer. A Wood bike is easy to decorate. A steel bike is potentially lighter (depending on model).
- Age & Sizing: There are some larger balance bikes like the Go Glider from Glide Bikes that is suitable for 5-10 year olds. There is also the wood bike from Wishbone bikes, which starts as a balance trike and grows from there.
- Colour: Hey, it's important right.
- Adjustability: What we mean is the ease in which you can adjust the seat height and potentially the handle bar height.
- Quality and finish: Bikes like the Wishbone Balance Bike certainly do have a beautiful finish and attention to detail. All the bikes we sell look great and you would be proud to take them to the local park for sure.
- Flexibility: The Glider bikes have foot pegs that allow you to rest your feet. The Wishbone runner starts as a three-wheeler and goes to a tall balance bike 2 wheeler. The Kazam can be used like a scooter also. A few bikes that offer some options. The newer Strider model has a foam pad on the front handle bars.